Last night I had a wild hair and picked up the needle and finished a couple of these. I was thinking that the day I bought one of these was probably the very first craft show I ever heard of and then it was called a church bazaar. It was at the Grace Episcopal Church in Paducah Kentucky and of course they had delicious lunch in addition to their handmade items. I may have paid a dollar or two for one of these.
It only took me about two hours, thread was snarling and sequins were littering the carpet but if you want to punish yourself you should try one. It's tedious I warn ya! Get two circles of felt,cut a hole in the center of one and sew on the sequins, just layer them on. Then sew on the red beads and a little red bow. Back it with the other circle of felt and stitch around the outside and inside. Then I cut out the hole in the second circle and sewed on a safety pin. You will need a very skinny needle.
Have you ever wondered how craft shows began and when? Tried to find out online but didn't come up with anything. I did run across this and thought you might enjoy.
More Reasons To Purchase Fabric
10. The quilt shop gets angry when you steal it.
9. It will go with something I bought last year.
8. Well-known fact: prevents washing machine withdrawal symptoms on light laundry days.
7. Keeps the people who make cardboard inserts in bolts of fabric employed, thus supporting the national economy in yet one more way.
6. Assists the little birdies with their nests when scraps, threads, and little whispies are allowed to blow in the wind.
5. Without fabric I would have nothing to do with my rotary cutter, my mat, my sewing machine, my iron, my thread, my needles, my quilting books. And my time.
4. Step 32 of Master Plan to drive husband crazy.
3. It does not promote tooth decay.
2. It's not immoral, illegal, or fattening.1. Surgeon General says: "10 yards a day keeps the blues away.
Happy Friday, last day of November 2012.