Saturday, November 8, 2008

Cranberry Chutney


Taste-testers at the craft show liked it!
CRANBERRY CHUTNEY
1 pound of cranberries (4 cups) of course it would take just a tad more than you get in a package at the store. You don't have to chop them.
l small tart apple diced
2 cups light brown sugar
3/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup dried currants (these are like raisins, only tiny)
1/2 teas. salt, l/2 teas ground ginger, l/2 teas. ground cinnamon. 1/4 teas. ground cloves, l teas. yellow mustard SEED, and 1/4 teas. dried pepper flakes.
Bring mixture to a boil, lower the heat and cook about 25 minutes. It should begin to thicken, and will thicken more when it is cooled. It made about 2 pints and you can freeze it. Put it on top of a layer of cream cheese and eat with crackers. Kathy and I thought it would be good on a bagel or a muffin, or just eat with a spoon. Also I didn't have the cloves so you can omit them, I don't see it could be any better. Ground cloves are like 6.00 a teaspoon. I hope you like it.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

yuummmm. I can't wait till Thanksgiving. That recipe' is somewhat like the one I make.