Thursday, July 5, 2012

Petite Monarda...

My Mother moved to Michigan in the late eighties, and living out in the country, never before had had an opportunity to "trash pick" like we do here in the city. She found this old chair and we have given it the opportunity to grace our garden since then. The chair is getting old but a prop here and there keeps it looking good. I miss her, there was never a dull moment.


And the lilac flower is petite monarda which PJ gave me. It stays really short and bushy and doesn't mildew; it will bloom for quite a while, longer than the tall monarda. The white flowers are coneflowers. No complaint with them either, just wish they would spread so I could share them. Only pink coneflowers do that.

I hope my neighbors have finished with their fireworks. It has been like a war-zone here. I hate to be the neighborhood scrooge but they were so loud I couldn't watch JR on Dallas last night. Happy Thursday that seems like Monday.

5 comments:

Earlene said...

I love reading about special stories.
Hugs
Earlene

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

How wonderful that you have that chair from your mom. I imagine it does bring back lots of memories. We have two bunches of pink cone flowers that were gifts from the birds I think. One in the back yard and one in the front. We never planted them, but they've come up now in our flower beds for few years. Hope your Thursday is a wonderful one. We had a very stormy morning.

Susie said...

Peggy, I love that your have your mom little garden chair. It looks perfect in your flowerbed. Coneflowers are hardy. I have some pink ones. Smiles, Susie

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Loved the chair in the garden. It looks beautiful!!

Prims and Annies said...

Love the chair in the garden - I have a brass bed in mine - I planted gladiolus at the head and zinnas at the foot of it. I love your daisies. It gets so hot here in South GA that we really have to plant "heat tolerant" plants. This is my first year planting zinnas and I am amazed how much they bloom and don't require much water. Your flower bed looks like some of mine - I planted butternut squash in the beds..we have picked 18 so far and only had 3 plants.
I hope you have a really great week.
Smiles,
Maxie