Thursday, July 18, 2013

Green Beans

I haven't had good beans in two years so I picked a new one from Park's.  They are called Cobra and maybe because of the rain, they are extra good.  They are big but tender.

I also have a favorite cucumber "Cool Breeze" and seeds are kinda hard to find.  They are a bit fuzzy which washes right off.  I made some summer pickles for our dinner at Blessed Hope and they really liked them.  I just didn't make enough.  John Michael and I ate some that I had just sliced and put in cold water overnight.  I would like to make some sun dills also.  If you have a favorite recipe, please send.

And  please say a prayer for Austin, a young man (teen) at Blessed Hope, who is really struggling.  We had about 25 or so people and it was so hot I'm sure some just didn't try to get out. Rose and Val, our chief cooks, always have plenty of food.  I try to be the chief bottle washer but mostly I just enjoy being with everyone. 

4 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I haven't had any fresh green beens yet, but I have had cucumbers from our farmers roadside stand. I love fresh green beans! Glad yours did well. I'll add Austin to my prayer list.

Linda said...

Prayers for Austin.....
It is a good work you are doing!

Anonymous said...

Saying a prayer for Austin.

Those green beans look so good.

Susie said...

Praying for your friend. Your green beans look very good.xoxo,Susie