Monday, September 24, 2018

Apple time

We went to Apple Charlie's on Sunday..

They have pony and hay rides , apple picking $20 a bag, farm animals and a flea market. You can walk through and watch them make the cider.   It was a beautiful day and there was a big crowd.

Do you know .. how much is a peck?  We didn't, but I wanted some Mutsus (the big green ones). a peck bag was $5.00.

  We also got Empire, McIntosh, Gala, Delicious for $1 a bag of about 8 or 9.  No bad ones.

Donuts were $10 a dozen and cider $10 a gallon.  At first glance I would think the prices were a
little steep, but when you see how many workers it takes to put on the show, I guess  they have to be.

I only had one donut.  Happy Monday everyone.


9 comments:

Ann said...

YUM, those apples look good. That is really expensive for donuts and the cider too.

Prims By The Water said...

Yes it is apple season. Woohoo. I see you have the prim magazine in which Marie AKA OLM is featured. She told me that will be the last issue of the magazine. Janice

peggy said...

Janice...please tell us it isn't so about the magazine. We love it and can never find it because it is always sold out!

peggy said...

Janice...please tell us it isn't so about the magazine. We love it and can never find it because it is always sold out!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love apple season! What fun you had. I got my first jug of apple cider this weekend, a half gallon for 3.99. Not much cheaper than what yours cost. But then it is delicious and I will be keeping some in the fridge for as long as it is available.

Raymond Homestead said...

Love doing these things in the fall!

Chatty Crone said...

We went and did the same thing last weekend. I love to do that in the fall - kind of a family tradition. Glad you had a nice time.

Unknown said...

Having read this I believed it was rather enlightening. I appreciate you spending some time and effort to put this information together. I once again find myself personally spending way too much time both reading and commenting. But so what, it was still worth it!
D2bet

tya6i said...

Learn how to trim your plants.Play Bazaar Not all plants require trimming, but if you notice unhealthy stems, trimming a plant can help you get rid of a disease or at least slow it down long enough for you to cure your plant. Do not cut too many stems and leaves: cut only the unhealthy parts.Satta King