Saturday, March 2, 2019

Thrift Saturday


I found this bag of odds and ends at Value World today.  It looked like a big ol' tangle of thread and unknown sewing objects.  I was so surprised when the blue shoe fell out. It is about 10 inches long and so pretty.

The bag was five dollars and now I have some knitting brochures (I don't knit), scads of embroidery thread (very seldom do that either), some snaps, elastic, hoops, patches, ribbon, a cute little box and some garters!!!!

But best of all I have a blue shoe!

9 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a find! I love the blue shoe! It's wonderful when you get surprises like that for sure ! Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

peggy said...

Thank you 'MA', I'm going to call it my lucky shoe!

Linda said...

It was worth it all to get that blue shoe!!

Susie said...

Peggy, You are so clever in your sewing, I am sure you find a use of the bag of goodies. The blue shoe could be a pattern to make more shoes to sell. Or give as gifts. Blessings to you, stay safe and warm. xoxo, Susie

Ann said...

What a fun bag of goodies. It's fun picking through grab bags like that, you never know what you'll find

Prims By The Water said...

What a great find! That shoe is awesome. Janice

kath001 said...

Would that be a blue SUEDE shoe? :)

TheCrankyCrow said...

Great score Peggy! Love the shoe (then again, I have a “thing” for both pincushions and shoes...so a shoe pincushion is twice as good in my world). And wow! Looks at all the DMC floss!! Woo hoo!!! Have fun playing! Robin

tya6i said...

Start an exercise program.Play Bazaar Snoring can be caused by not being in good shape. As you exercise and the muscles in your arms and legs become stronger and more toned, so will your throat muscles. Well- developed and toned throat muscles decrease the chance of your snoring because your throat remains open.Satta King