Tuesday, May 7, 2019

I don't just read....



Last week the area where I live was flooded badly, freeways closed, schools and others closed and you can't find a mop anywhere.  My damage was minimal but I feel so badly for others who have lost so much.

One of my friends basement has not flooded in 52 years and guess what?  There is a dumpster outside their house with all their basement treasures.  Up and down the streets there are piles of bags and furniture waiting to be picked up. 

My garden is muddy but the tulips are loving it so one day I had to read...The Glovemaker and I really liked it.  Check it out on Goodreads to see more details.  Utah territory, 1888, Mormon history, and set in a tiny town called Junction.  Today, its orchards are part of Capitol Reef National Park in Utah.

The author notes are really interesting and I wish I had read them before starting the book.

Now I have to catch up with blogger posts and your news.

8 comments:

Linda said...

I’m so sorry to hear about the flooding. I am extra sympathetic to those affected by water in their homes!
I know you would rather be digging in the dirt but reading was just the thing for you while it was too muddy.
I keep a book going at all times. Some days inread a lot, some days not so much but I do read something every single day.
So, are you going to find another book or is the garden ready to work?

L. D. said...

The flooding is not fun. I could see that the tulips really would respond to some good rains.

Ann said...

So sorry to hear about the flooding. I'm glad you had little damage.

Prims By The Water said...

Flooded homes here in our neck of the woods too. Bob said the water was at the road going through the marsh today. It is one of only two ways to get out of where we live here. the marshlands has water on both sides of the road. Never have I seen the water right up to the road. Would be very scary driving through at night. Hope the folks affected by the flooding get some monetary relief. Janice

Chatty Crone said...

I am glad you were okay but I hate what happened to the others - water does so much damage.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Good to hear your damage was not as bad as it could have been, Hope you all dry out soon. I know you do not just read, but love to garden. So nice to see those flowers growing ! They don't seem to let the weather get them down at all.

Susie said...

Oh Peggy...this breaks my heart. I am more afraid of flooding than anything else. I always worry about our basement. It makes me so stressed when we have days of rain. I wish I could help everyone ...that's why I pray for all of you. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

TheCrankyCrow said...

Sorry, of course, to read of the flooding in your area....but glad to hear your damage was minimal. I am always nervous when we have a lot of melting and/or rain as we have had our basement flood too many times to count. We did have some sump pumps added in the remodel, but it still, as I said, makes me nervous. The book sounds intriguing.... On my list it goes! Happy FriYay Peggy! ~Robin~