Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Solidago Fireworks.....

This is another fall favorite. I bought this plant in Springfield, it is a few years old now. It has nice foliage all summer . It begins to slowly show color and every day gets brighter. It will bloom several weeks.

I made this picture in the rain, looks like it was glittered. I found a baby bush today with a tiny little bloom.

I have been moving plants around today. I hope my neighbors aren't alarmed as I am moving so much from the back to the front. I can't grow grass anyhow.

Happy Wednesday all.

4 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Maybe grass gives you trouble, but you can certainly grow beautiful flowers, Peggy.

TheCrankyCrow said...

That plant is gorgeous...You're making me fall in love all over with yellow....(which I used to avoid in my garden....) And - too funny - you can't grow grass??! Ha! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Another beautiful plant that I hadn't seen before. We have so much here that comes up every year that we spend most of our time trimming and separating things. Some plants try to take over all the space and crowd others out. The last two days were spent doing a lot of just that. But it'll look great come springtime. With a small yard, there is no longer room to move anything anywhere. Hope your Thursday is a wonderful one. Wet and chilly here.

Helen said...

That is a beautiful flower. The grass here outdoes itself. I made the mistake of fertilizing it one year. Big mistake, then I had to cut it twice a week.Since our health has deteriorated it is hard for us to cut it. Helen