Thursday, November 19, 2009

If you like Pumpkin Pie....


I am somewhat behind with the latest news reports, so when I heard there was a shortage of canned pumpkin this year, I was kinda surprised.

A can of pumpkin is something I take for granted, so I checked it out....

Heavy rains made it difficult for farmers to harvest the pumpkins and I guess the 2008 harvest wasn't so good either. Ohio based Nestle Baking Company Libby's brand accounts for 90 percent of the market . They do the canning at a facility in Morton, Illinois, near 5000 acres where the pumpkins are grown.

Next harvest is August 2010, I hope it's a good one for the great pumpkins. Happy Thursday, it's raining a little in Michigan.

1 comment:

Small House said...

I heard about this. DARN...I love pumpkin cookies. Darn, this means we'll be paying more for our canned pumpkin.