Thursday, June 9, 2011

My green roof pictures...

Ford Motor Company has nothing on me, I have a green roof too....


Jacob and Jordan's little plastic playhouse is my storage for garden stuff.



The wire is temporary until the plants get established. I don't have a base for them, just clumps of dirt.






It's been fun, some thought I would never get around to finishing it. Look for the big black wire spiders in the last picture. Barb gave me these, they help to hold the plants in place.


Happy Thursday everyone, thank you for all your comments to this obsessive gardener. And I am thankful for the rain during the night.




11 comments:

michelle said...

Oh wow Peggy look at all those beautiful succulents!I bet that heat out there is amazing for those.They look healthy and happy,hehe.have a wonderful day sweetie,im off to a doc appt.big hugs michelle

Rachel said...

I LOVE it Peggy! What a neat idea! Thanks for sharing!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That is a great idea. You have a very creative mind. One that creates in and out of the garden. I have never been blessed with that gift and envy those that do. Your green roof is just delightful! Hope your Thursday is a wonderful one!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Oh, how wonderful this is! Just love it! blessings,Kathleen

Wanda..... said...

You're inspiring me Peggy, such a clever idea! Love your succulent plantings and the ant!

peggy said...

thanks everyone, you can do almost anything if you have enough hens and chicks.

Tink's Tinkerings said...

oh what a reallyyyyyyy cute idea, wish I had thought of that before I gave them away ,, oh well there are garage sales I will buy another , thanks for sharing ,,Tink

myomyohi said...

Very cute.

Max Boughner said...

You've got a nice green roof, Peggy! You've got a creative way of holding those plants together. Why don't you try using that on your real roof? I'm sure that would be an exciting project for you.

Freddy Wingfried said...

I agree with Max, a green roof will not only make a greener and cleaner environment; you'd also be the talk of the neighborhood. Like, they would see your home as attractive. You want that, right?

Mary said...

That’s a really cute green roof! :) Max is right. Why not take to the real one also, right? ;) In fact, the larger green roof you’ll be producing, the more benefits you’ll gain, especially by alleviating global warming, which I’m sure that the whole world can definitely benefit from.

Mary Martin