Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Reading

Hazel Grace, age 17, and Augustus, same age, meet at a cancer support group.  They fall in love, each have terminal cancer.  Sounds really sad, but somehow it was so good, you don't remember it as being sad.  It's a Young Adult book, my librarian Teresa picked out for me because she likes John Green books.  I'm not saying you should read it, I just wanted to remember it here.

I have the rest of my craft show stuff to post for 2012 but somehow it seems frivolous compared to what's going on in our country.  So....maybe a little later.  They were talking about getting back to normal this morning and I thought of something I read this week....by a Halloween lady, Morticia Addams...Normal is an illusion...what is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly. That probably doesn't apply in this case, but we pray for Normal on this closing day of October 2012.


Happy Halloween everyone, from me and John Michael and The Spooky Olde Tree.

3 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Halloween. It seems that for us normal is lots of rain here...Thankfully the pounding winds have stopped but not the rain. Normal days are my favorites.

Kynda said...

you are the sweetest mama ever

kath001 said...

I do believe I'll look for that book. Your recommendation of the Dovekeepers early this year was spot on, and it continues in the top spot for my Best of 2012 reads. :)