Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Easy Raspberry Dish


A recipe from my grandmother: Melt a stick of butter in a medium oven dish.
Use a quart of fruit and heat it through but don't boil, I add just a little water to do this and sweeten the fruit to taste.
Mix a cup of flour, a cup of sugar and three teaspoons of baking powder, stir in a cup of milk, the batter will look like pancake batter.
Pour the batter into the dish with the melted butter, then spoon the hot fruit over the batter. Bake it 350 for twenty minutes. It's better warm with topping or ice cream. Or anyway.

4 comments:

Kynda said...

I remember that recipe. Yum!

Small House said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Our raspberries are still green, but....there will be a lot of them!
Sandra

P.J. said...

Oh momma! I'm comin' over!! For those of you who may not know...my momma's the best cook in the world! Right, sis??

Karen Bosch said...

wow, this sounds soooooo easy! and yummy!!!!