Friday, June 19, 2009

Snacking Peas and Corn Salad

These are my Sugar Snap peas which were planted on St. Patrick's Day, yes, it was very cold that day, but that's a date I can remember and it seems to be one that they like. You can often see people standing by them having a snack.

I didn't get a picture (or a taste) of Barbara's corn salad. It disappeared so fast and everyone said it was good, so I'm posting the recipe. I was so glad it was enjoyed.

Barbara's Corn Salad

4 cans drained corn
1 small green pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup of shredded cheese (I used Mexican)
1 cup mayo

Stir and leave set in refrigerator overnight. Before serving, stir in one package of chili-cheese FRITOS.

1 comment:

Small House said...

WOW, peas!!! The garden is beautiful. We always plant our peas much later than they should be.
Have a great day.
Sandra