Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Soup and Sandwich Night at Blessed Hope..

Third Wednesday of every month our church, Living Water, serves a meal at Blessed Hope church. Many come who are in need of a hot meal and they are always so appreciative.

Last night, Suzie G. made grilled cheese in the tiny little kitchen. There was split pea, tomato and vegetable soup and some homemade brownies too. My neighbor gave me a four pound can of tuna and I made some tuna salad. I am giving account of it because we might want to do it again.

I used a dozen boiled eggs, a jar of Hellmann's mayo, quart size, a 16 oz. jar of sweet pickles and about a half of a large bunch of celery. We used two loaves of bread and had just a little left over.

One of the gentlemen asks me every time to make something he can eat, with no salt or sugar and maybe some chicken. I promised to keep him in mind and was thinking maybe I could make something with my Bouquet Garni from The Farm, as it has no salt. If you know of a simple dish like this, please let me know.

It's a little thing, this one evening out of a whole month, but hard to say who gets most blessed by it. Happy Thursday everyone.

1 comment:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Bless you for being so generous with you time and caring for others. Our church does a meal a week too but since I'm no longer good on my feet my volunteering days there stopped. It was a blessing though to do it at one time and I learned a lot too. Some of it good and some wasn't good at all. I make my tuna salad about the same way but often add onion...and it's always in a much smaller quantity too. I hope your Thursday is a wonderful one.