Friday, August 12, 2011

Pretense...


I've been pretending I know all about scrapbooking. I'm the one who lurks in the scrapbooking aisle at Joann's trying to find someone who actually knows what they are doing.

There are all these cutting machines, tags, labels, embellishments (what is that?), rubber stamps, special inks, all costing an arm and a leg. If you are into this venture, I give you credit. If you are doing it for craft shows, you get even more credit.

Mine is just scraps and some paper. Kynda found this old picture I liked and I wanted to use it in some way. A friend said my pillows look like little post-its, so that's what I'm calling them now.

I've been busy cleaning up the raspberry patch. They are a lot of work but it has cooled off and if not for the big mosquitoes, I would be out there all day.

The Free Press had a short interview with gospel artist Marvin Sapp in yesterdays edition about his music and ministry. He said about his wife MaLinda who died last year of cancer "My wife, she had this statement: "Keep it moving, people." She would say it to my kids, to my church, everyone she came in contact with."

Just a thought, because this is one of those days I don't want to move. I hope you are moving along well. It's nice to visit today. Take care of all.



6 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm keeping it moving for sure. Taking care of a grandson while his parents take a holiday to celebrate their anniversary. It's nap time now and I'd like to take a nap too but there is much to do while a little one sleeps. Hope your Friday is a great one!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Love your little post-it pillow, Peggy...it's charming! Must be one of those days, cuz I cannot only not "keep it moving," I can't even GET it moving in the first place today!! ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Kynda said...

ILoVe it!

Sandy said...

Your little pillow is very pretty! Following you from Blog Frog and its nice to meet you!
Sandy

myomyohi said...

I love your pillow. I think that it turned out very nice.

myomyohi said...

I think your pillow turned out really nice. Do you intend to give it to one of your girlfriends, or keep to enjoy yourself?
Are you in the picture?