Sunday, November 27, 2011

Attic Santa....

I am giving some old Santas an update. This guy was made in 1990 and I wish I had taken a "before" picture. He was losing his pants (altho that's the new style) and his bag was stuffed with old newspaper that I had fun reading. I looked to see what was playing at the MJR but there was no MJR then. Coleman Young was the mayor, Pete Waldmeier was a columnist, some of us will remember them. Night of the Living Dead was playing at the Allen Park Theater for $3.50 admission. Now it's a $1.50 and the big theaters are$ 5-$8.
I have some more of these to redo, who knows what I will find.
Just the top of this tree that was all pastels.
Happy Sunday everyone. It's church day!

3 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm glad Santa has new pants and you caught up on the news to boot. It's fun to read the old news...I have a newspaper from the day that each of my children's birth announcement was in the paper somewhere amongst my treasures...I need to find them. They would make great gifts for them this year. Hope your Sunday is a wonderful one!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh no! You could have a done a "Pants On the Ground" Santa! ;o) (When you're done with your attic finds, let me know - I could probably ship you a box of 1980's!) Happy Sunday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Linda said...

I LOVE redeeming things and you inspire me to do just that with some of my 'vintage' Christmas things. I am taking them ALL out of the shed attic tomorrow!

Your tree topper may be vintage but the colors are all the rage this year!

Merry CHRISTMAS!!!