Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Excuses I think up

Reading a good book instead of watching the news helps you sleep better. If you like Civil War stories like Cold Mountain or Widow of the South, you will like this one. Her first novel. (not a romance).
I need to weed between the garage and the fence, but I have been watching Ms. Spider get bigger and bigger for a month and I would have to tear up her web that goes all the way to the ground. Look closely, she has a patchwork quilt design on her back, or maybe it's rabbits or stars. The weeds have to wait.
The garage needs painting and the garden tools need to be stored away. However, a squirrel has stashed his walnut on top of my hoe that hangs on the garage. The sign says "this is where I belong". Guess so.

I just wanted to post something today, however trivial. I am working really hard.
Best wishes to y'all. Hope you have accomplished much today.

7 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I love that a squirrel was comfortable enough in your yard to leave his precious booty on your hoe! It makes me smile.:)
Thanks for coming over and entering!
★Linda★

OneBigHappy said...

Somehow this wasn't trivial. Somehow it was profound. I think it's because you are you.

Sarraceniaceae (Daraness) said...

Love the Belong picture. So cute, especially since it was arranged by squirrel.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I often read instead of watching the news. I love a good book, but haven't found many lately. I always read but some books are ok others are good. It's always good to see your entries. Have a great Thursday!

Wanda..... said...

Loved the walnut on the hoe.

Verde Farm said...

Great pictures! I couldn't tear her down either. That belong pic is heart warming :)
Amy

Dawn from The Pip Berry Tree said...

Ugh....yes leave that spider alone! He's hugh :)

Dawn