Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Book Pick

Sometimes books show up on hold for me at the library that I didn't ask for. That's because I have my own personal librarian, Teresa, who knows what I will like.

This is a first novel by Todd Johnson who now lives in Connecticut but is a North Carolina native. It's about five southern women and friendship and aging. It is a lovely book, funny and sad at once. You will say "I can't believe this was written by a man."
And so for crafts, this is what I sold at the Town Peddler yesterday. It's half of the pattern by Olde Country Cupboard's Annie's Christmas. I just couldn't get the two parts together for some reason. I will post the other part later.

Happy Thanksgiving eve to all.

2 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! I'll have to look for that book as it sounds like something I'd enjoy too. The candy cane is cute by itself. I'll be waiting to see the other half

OneBigHappy said...

I can't believe this was written by a man. Oh, wait. I should read it first, shouldn't I. -- Happy Thanksgiving.