Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Toys R Changing.....

A friend asked me Sunday, how many generations have you raised. My answer would probably be, not nearly enough. I am so thankful I can still contribute and enjoy. I missed babysitting for Judson and Isaac and still think about that and now there's Betsy and Kyle in Kentucky that I will also miss out on. Sometimes I wish we could be everywhere.

Yesterday I was thinking about the toys and how much they have changed. I remember that my own grandmother never called them toys, they were playthings back then. Now they all sing and count and spell and tell you what to do and think. In general I find them no fun at all, except for those little rubber cars with funny faces. We mostly read and color and go outside anyway.

However, this Monday, we found a perfect way to play with the new toys.
First you dump them all out.
Then you sit in the container.

Happy Tuesday everyone, have a blessed day.

3 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love the pictures and yes it is so true. Containers, boxes and even Tupperware are favorite of every child.

Wanda..... said...

Vey cute photo of a happy child. My grandkids used to make a train out of small cardboard boxes or pretend a big one was a boat. I loved babysitting them...now 3 are off to college.

Kynda said...

I wish we could be everywhere too, mama. But you've always been there for me. I love love love you!