Monday, February 15, 2010

From my attic.....

My attic is in my basement, some big tubs marked "attic" which is where they would be put by most folks..however they are handy and when I open one I always find something I had forgotten about so it's like getting something new.

This is what my grandmother (Mammy to us) called a "motto" and she always had them in her home. This one has to be from the early 40's. It's some kind of thin cardboard and the writing is probably stamped on with some kind of hard glitter. No one had wooden signs in those days like we do today. I think I have a place to hang this so it doesn't have to go back in the "attic" box.

Mammy was a tiny little woman with a great big faith and her prayers will always follow us.

2 comments:

TJ said...

I love that piece ! My Grandmother and Mother both used to say that all the time. I think more people today could use a dose of old fashioned values. What a gem you have there. I hope your week is of to a wonderful start =0)
Prim Huggs n Blessins
TJ

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That is a treasure for sure. If I were going to hang it I think I'd but in a picture frame with glass in it so it would preserve it. Maybe one with gold edges that would set it off. The memories for you everytime you look at it are blessings indeed.