Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Today's Bear

He doesn't have a name yet, I made him from wool I felted from a jacket and his drum was contributed by my friend Barb. I used a pattern I just received from Sweet Meadows Farm, of course it doesn't resemble hers in the least but if you need a bear pattern, it's easy to make and maybe you can find some Kunin felt to use.

My next door neighbors have ruined my day, a For-Sale sign just went up in their yard. They have been good neighbors and they have a darling little girl, born since they moved here about three years or so. I have seen a lot of people come and go in my neighborhood, some I miss, some not so much. Lots of places are for sale and even a few are empty, it is the same everywhere. I guess we have to be patient.

Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

TJ said...

Peggy,
This lil guy is spectacular !!!!! Ohhhhh I just love 'im !!!! I've wanted to try my hand at felting old sweaters from the TS's but not sure how ya' do it. Might have to do some research on that. Sorry to hear your loosing your neighbors. Hopefully if and when their home sells you'll get nice ones. We had a neighbor who let their dog roam and it just loved to come over here in my yard and destroy my flower gardens ! It tore up my rosebush that my Dad had bought me so I asked them to replace it and they bought me geraniums !!!!! They moved and I was really glad they did. Now I don't have to worry about my plants being dug up.
Hope your having a wonderful day.
Prim Huggs n Blessins
TJ

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love that bear too! I don't think I've seen anything you've made that I didn't like. It is sad when good neighbors move away. Hope some nice people move in for you after they are gone. A good neighbor is often hard to find.

Small House said...

Cute bear. The first name that popped into my mind for that cute bear was Sam. Maybe because he has a patriotic theme.

Darn your neighbors are leaving. I live in a field, but have a couple neighbors. I always hold me breathe as they come and go hoping that the next neighbor will be nice and trusting!! Good luck.

Have a great day.
Sandra