Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Tattered Quilt

I have saved these pieces for so long I don't remember who gave me these. These two pieces are tattered but have beautiful embroidery and silk pieces. The one has the names Flossie, Vic, and Rosa. The other one has the names Emma and Fannie, and those are my mother's name and my mother-in-law's name, so I will have to do something special with them.
I used one small piece for this heart, you can see my humble endeavor at embroidery on the sleeve.
Then I patched a few more pieces together for her wing. Also used some really nice crochet for her collar and trim. My favorite thing to do is to give new life to something that is not being used.

I wondered if Vic and Flossie were an item.

6 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Those pieces of the old quilt are beautiful. You do a wonderful job with all the beautiful things you make. I love the little touches like the embroidery.

Wanda..... said...

I am just so impressed with this Peggy...I wish I could feel confident enough to try doing something like this with some old pieces I own. I have made a few "very simple" dolls in the past. Maybe I should try!

Small House said...

Love it! Vic and Flossie, they had to be an item. It makes perfect sense!! HAHAHA And don't you just love the name Flossie. I think I'd probably like her.

The angel is wonderful. And the fabric pieces make it even better.
Sandra

peggy said...

thanks everyone for liking my new angel and Wanda, for the really good pieces you have, look at the scrapbooking things people are doing, you could make a collage and frame some of them; for smaller pieces try doll dress collars, wings and sleeve trims or just a scrap sewn under an old button. You can do it.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

I love having treasures like this! Your angel is beautiful. blessings,Kathleen

Kitty said...

Those pieces of quilt are gorgeous! Even the names are so vintage! Love the angel! So precious!